Published By NewsBTC
As we are approaching the end of 2021, Play-to-earn NFT games are becoming more and more popular with no signs of slowing down. For this month, there are a couple of exciting new play-to-earn games that are going to hit the mainstream.
The Atari Chain team has been closely watching developments in the market over the past few weeks and months. Several elements are apparent from this:
- Blockchain gaming and a parallel trend of the metaverse is the future. There is a market of 3.24 billion gamers and growing to attract. The Play-To-Earn element inherent in blockchain gaming is on the cusp of creating an entirely new economy.
- There is a massive drive from institutions (such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft) to invest in the metaverse. At the same time, there is a bull market for crypto gaming and metaverse tokens.
- Atari Chain is at a very early stage. Successful video games take years to develop, and experienced gaming studios who know what it takes to ship a product to the market have a tremendous advantage over newcomers.
- Much of the hype will be temporary, and many projects will fail to take hold. There are hundreds of blockchain games and new crypto projects being launched every day, many by inexperienced game developers.
In reviewing Dapp Radar and looking at the top blockchain games on the market right now, here are a few play-to-earn games that our gamers and NFT enthusiasts can look out for:
- Splinterlands – Infamous for being suspended from Twitter earlier this year, it is built on the Hive and WAX blockchains and as of this writing has 581,000 weekly active users, the current #1 spot in this category.
- Alien Worlds – Popular for its in-game NFTs, it is built on the WAX blockchain and Binance Smart Chain and as of this writing has 547,000 weekly active users.
- Axie Infinity – The famed game was the first blockchain game to gain worldwide notice with the explosion in the price of the $AXS token. However, it has dropped to the #3 most popular game by user count. It is built on the Ethereum blockchain and as of this writing has 370,000 weekly active users.
- Crypto Mines – Popular for its volatile in-game cryptocurrency token, ETERNAL, It is built on the Binance Smart Chain and as of this writing has 260,000 weekly active users.
- Atari Games –
As you can see from the graphic above, Atari Chain’s cryptocurrency token is a leading player in its category. Under the radar, NFT gaming projects are still under $150 million in total market cap. Atari Chain has the unique advantage that it has a brand name with decades of gaming industry experience under its belt.
Atari Chain is a top-tier gaming developer that is in it for the long-term haul. There are also very exciting short-term developments about to launch.
Entering into the Metaverse
Atari is building a metaverse on the Atari Chain with unlimited space and unlimited future potential games.
Atari is planning to have its own Atari casino and NFT collection. Each user gets a player character to enter and explore the metaverse. The games that will be live upon launch include Blackjack, Poker, Slots, Roulette and more.
The Metaverse will be powered by the $ATRI utility token, which is an ERC-20 token built on Ethereum. Users will be able to seamlessly connect to the blockchain through the Atari Chain digital wallet that is set up when they register for the first time.
There will also be a unique set of digital cards that will be NFTs that users can play to win.
Connect with Atari Chain across social media and the web to make sure you don’t miss a beat!